Subject: Cascade Monday
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 8:54pm
Any class 5 boaters looking at the Cascade. Trevor and I are available

Replies:
Posted By: water wacko
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:12pm
Looking at the lower Tye… or upper Tye.

-------------
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

Posted By: peele
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:23pm
What are flows looking like for the tye tomorrow?

I haven't been on it but sure would like to.

Posted By: snowplower
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:51pm
Is it a good level for a first run on the Tye? Trevor has the Tye on his list

Posted By: mikenash
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:57pm
Im looking to boat Deer creek Tomorrow. It has a much smaller range than Cascade. At lower flows it is lots of read and run 4+ with 5 or 6 portageable class 5s. Higher flows lots of 5- read and run. People overlook this run because of access and flow issues, but I have access and flows sorted for this run. Having said this checking gauge at takeout bridge is the only sure way as there is no gauge on deer creek. If its in I would like to get on it as early as possible. If it is too low when we get there we could continue on to the cascade. I havn't done this run so am interested to check it out. Text me if interested. Mike Nash 206 799 8687

Posted By: mikenash
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:00pm
The gauge/levels on PP aren't right. I will get this sorted, I just want to get a few more runs on it and collect data beforehand
. It says it is too high now but in fact it is probably more like a healthy medium high.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:06pm
I'm not ready for Deer Creek, thanks for the offer Mike.

Posted By: cbishop1
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:11pm
Hey Greg, I'm game to boat. Cascade depending on levels, sky is always fun

Posted By: water wacko
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 10:31pm
Greg and Peele, the Top Tye is still high, but earlier today after a Foss lap I checked out the lower Tye (mainly the wood situation) and the big flood moved some of those trees around and it looks a lot more friendly now than it has in recent times. If it stays warm I bet levels will hold and I'd be game for another lap or three on the Foss, Tye, Sky, Rapid?

-------------
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

Posted By: peele
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:30am
I would be game for a plan like that.

Greg what do you think?

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 8:23am
We are going to head to the Cascade. 10:30 carpool from Arlington, Noon at takeout. 425-879-9737

Print Page | Close Window