Forum Name: Hall of Fame
Forum Discription: A place for those special threads
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14984
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:16pm

Topic: East coaster just arrived
Posted By: ErinB
Subject: East coaster just arrived
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:24pm
Hi! Just moved to Seattle from Fayetteville West Virginia. Was wondering if anyone was up for showing me some local runs. I could rattle off the runs I do back home but don't know if that would mean much here. Except I guess I can say I've run the green narrows (minus gorilla and sunshine) a handful of times and video boated the upper Gauley for a couple seasons.

Also I'm looking for a roommate. Comes with a storage shed for boats. Jus saying...

K

Replies:
Posted By: rockarolla
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 7:41pm
Hey Erin
If u can head to Leavenworth tomorrow Sunday tumwater section of the Wenachee is about the only thing going now Wa. didn't get a lot of snow last season
lots of boaters out here now meeting at 11am
Tex or call anytime if u want to plan

-------------
Dave Moroles.   253 241 8550.

Posted By: ErinB
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 10:46am
Thanks Dave!! Definitely saw your post too late but I'll give you a shout next weekend!

Posted By: mprussak
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2015 at 11:27am
Yeah, what dave said. Bring your rock boat for sure, but apparently the sky is runnable down to 300. Head out there on a weekend and someone else will be paddling. If you're up for after work boating, I could use the excuse to abuse my boat, but I haven't paddled much in the area either.

Posted By: gustywind
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 9:49pm
Another West Virginian here. Moved to Seattle last month and looking for some kayaking (and climbing) friends. I live in Ballard and I'm always up for a beer.

Posted By: rockarolla
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 9:27am
Hey Gusty the kayaking is going down to bare bones minimum
Doing one last Tumwater run today for the season
Ya by chance I'm into rockclimbing too if u ever want to checkout some local crags
Tex or call anytime

-------------
Dave Moroles.   253 241 8550.

Posted By: DannyRedTruck
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 3:39pm
Hi Erin,
Another East Coaster here. Gusty Wind and I are doing the Rogue starting on the 18th. We have room on the permit. We get out almost every weekend. Should meet up for a beer. -Ellen

Print Page | Close Window