Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15920
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:27am

Topic: Moving out to Underwood this Spring
Posted By: StickyPlastered
Subject: Moving out to Underwood this Spring
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 5:02pm
Hi fellow paddlers,

I am moving out to White Salmon, from Washington D.C., March through June with the sole intent of paddling every day... and maybe to ski a bit too. Hence, I'm tapping every resource I can to find people to paddle with and to gain as much information as possible on local runs. Currently a decent Class III paddle with a pretty reliable onside and offside roll, and looking to start out in Class II and III when I get out west, but hopefully moving up to Class IV in the first month.

I've joined quite a few groups on FB including Washington Kayak Club, PDX Kayakers, and Washington Recreational River Runners, so you'll probably see me on there in the coming months as well.

Send me a PM if you want to get in touch and have advice or just want to chat. Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: megspk
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 5:58pm
Congrats on the move, White Salmon is SICK!

-------------
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 8:35pm
Have fun, that area is generally a later summer destination so your timeframe will have you in a bit of an off period for the mainstay. Not entirely just generally. Check out runs up in the wenatchee area and of course the multiday options in the high desert areas of OR. Welcome and enjoy it the DC area still has good water close to town but nothing like where you are headed.

Print Page | Close Window