Forum Name: Chit Chat
Forum Discription: Non Boating Related Discussions
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17012
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:05am

Topic: COVID BS
Posted By: James
Subject: COVID BS
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 9:20pm
Its been a long time but many close friends and families are out there making waves. So I just want to let folks know that if a helping hand is needed here is the place to drop a PM or message. Memories over the years are refreshing themselves as I think back and enjoy how you all have made my life so wonderful. If I can help I would like to, maybe a dozen eggs, maybe a visit to our farm, and no Dave this is not an offer for free Toliet Paper!!!

Replies:
Posted By: franzhorner
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 10:26am
I miss you James!!

Stay well!

-------------
MORE RAIN PLEASE

Posted By: JoesKayak
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2020 at 11:15am
Hey it's Jiminy Creek-it! Yeah, what Horner said. Cheers, buddy.

-------------
http://joeskayak.com - Joeskayak.com

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 2:07pm
I'm on my way over to get the free toilet paper!
On another note, it is difficult to access the MM right now, but we are still doing it. The Green is a little tricky too, but a little hike around Paradise takeout and the cemetary work as a takeout or put in for the Green.

-------------
Nomad

Posted By: Slackkinhard
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 8:07am
who ever thought someone would close a river bank?

Posted By: kirkrorrer
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 12:38pm
Since when do farms have toilet paper? Glad to hear from you James, Dave and all The MM takeout was open 2 weeks ago, I guess I didn't check the put in

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 3:54pm
The MM takeout new parking lot is open, but all the put ins have towing signs at them now as of today...It is bull sh$%, but the Upper Green is still accessible if your interested.

-------------
Nomad

Posted By: kirkrorrer
Date Posted: 04 May 2020 at 11:30am
Dave, Yeah thanks. I figured out a way to get on at A frame without parking by those signs, pakring up the road a bit where it merges with the main Middle Snoq road. I wonder if access will be available when they re-open state parks tomorrow

Date Posted: 04 May 2020 at 11:56am
The Government cant keep us off the river!!!!!!

-------------
Nomad

Posted By: megspk
Date Posted: 05 May 2020 at 5:46pm
MM was technically supposed to open back up today, but there was a landslide BEFORE Mine Creek that they are going to clear before opening....per AWW and T. OKeefe!

-------------
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

Date Posted: 05 May 2020 at 5:48pm
From Tom OKeefe on the May 5 Middle Middle access opening:

Edit: Bad News [landslide on the road before Mine Creek; crews are out clearing but unclear when it will be passable].

Good news. I just confirmed with DNR recreation staff that the Middle-Middle will be open and accessible tomorrow (i.e. you can put in at Mine Creek (aka Island Drop for those who remember the island). Remember we are very visible at the Mine Creek put-in and Tanner take-out and reports from neighbors or agency staff of paddlers not physically distancing could result in loss of access.
Here are a few guidelines to keep it accessible:

1) Do not shuttle with those outside your household. This is a great river for a shuttle with your bike, one wheel, scooter, running shoes, etc. (riding with someone outside your household and rolling down the windows does not count).

2) Do not linger at the take-out. Even giving the impression of a group forming is problematic. Get in; get out.

3) If you decide to paddle along with someone from outside your household keep groups small, maintain physical distance (no beatering in holes together), and do your own shuttles.

4) Try finding a weekday time or off hours to paddle. Let's not all meet up at Tanner at 6pm and have a group of ~20 people congregating.

5) Land manager decisions are changing rapidly and sometimes hard to confirm. My best information from the top is the river will be accessible from tomorrow but things can always change. Stay chill and be flexible.

My biggest concern is Mailbox Peak becomes a sh*tshow this weekend and that could lead the agency to close the road again. If that happens I will be part of the discussion over what to do. DNR understands access to Mine Creek is important for paddlers. I can be most effective in coming up with novel solutions to retain access if we are not viewed as part of the problem and demonstrate exemplary conduct in recreating responsibly. #RecreateResponsibly

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2020 at 9:14pm
Confirmed AGAIN (sorry for the multiple posts) but the Middle middle is OPEN at mailbox peak as of today! :)

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 9:35pm
Yup, MM open again and kaykers practicing social distancing as suggested, but unfortunately the Mail Box peak hikers are crazy out of control! There was hundreds of cars up there on Saturday, it was crazy, never seen anything like it, so many people, insane!!! But, the river was empty and peaceful as kayaking is a naturally Covid freindly sport... Hopefully the goverment and the neighbors dont close it all down again from the excess in people up there driving around and hiking, it should just be kayakers only like in the good old days.

-------------
Nomad

Posted By: Slackkinhard
Date Posted: 11 May 2020 at 10:43pm
lots of folks parked all over the road rather than in the parking lot at red bridge on the Tumwater. Seems like that lot should be open for safety purposes

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 10:08pm
I'm still here and been running the local rivers a few times a week both solo and with buddies this whole time. Covid doesnt slow me down, plus been working full time the whole time as essential services, so your poem doesnt fit me too well, and I still use this forum....

-------------
Nomad

Posted By: Addler
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 7:06am
Originally posted by James

Its been a long time but many close friends and families are out there making waves. So I just want to let folks know that if a helping hand is needed here is the place to drop a PM or message. Memories over the years are refreshing themselves as I think back and enjoy how you all have made my life so wonderful. If I can help I would like to, maybe a dozen eggs, maybe a visit to our farm, and no Dave this is not an offer for free Toliet Paper!!!

I think it's healthy to be out on rivers. If you go solo, there's definitely no way to catch a virus. I'm over all this mess and just want to live like normal again.

Print Page | Close Window