Trip Discussion's: Wednesday on the Sky Discussion Thread
Print Page | Close Window

Wednesday on the Sky Discussion Thread

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Trip Discussion's
Forum Discription: This forum is for discussing Trips which have been posted through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2963
Printed Date: 14 May 2024 at 2:28am

Topic: Wednesday on the Sky Discussion Thread
Posted By: arnobarno
Subject: Wednesday on the Sky Discussion Thread
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2006 at 2:24pm

This is the Wednesday on the Sky discussion thread. Please post any questions below.

Remember the actual Trip Details are located on the Wednesday on the Sky | Trip Page

I'm posting this as the "organizer" of this trip tomorrow down the Sky.  As a relative newbie who has done this river exactly once, I can safely say that you don't want to follow me down this river unless I am following someone else that knows what they are doing!  And, I'll be walking BD, for sure, as will some other boaters.

Based on the discussion earlier today in the threads, it looks like there will be others along that know the Sky very well.  In fact, this trip is only a go with their signups.  I also know that some want to get in two runs tomorrow and, of course, all of that can get finalized in the AM at the put-in.

If anyone is interested, I'd meet just before 10AM @ Sultan Bakery for breakfast.

-------------
arn9schaeffer@gmail.com (remove 9 for my real email address)

Replies:
Posted By: hutchm
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2006 at 4:12pm
I am in, hope the level comes up alittle. I know the sky realy well, so no worries mate.

Posted By: Weide
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2006 at 8:58pm
Josh and I are in. We will also be walking boulder drop. Are we meeting at the railroad bridge?

Posted By: arnobarno
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2006 at 9:02pm
Scott,
Glad you guys are in.  We are meeting at the Split Rock take-out.  It is about 1/4 mile east of the RR bridge put-in, that is, it is the put-in that allows you to run the RR drop.  Keep driving past RR bridge put-in and look for a small pull-out on the south side of US2.  When we were there on Saturday, I believe there was some type of temporary road advisory sign in that pull-out but it may be gone now.

If you are unsure of the pull-out, stop by the Sultan bakery while I am still eating breakfast :-)

See you tomorrow.
arn

-------------
arn9schaeffer@gmail.com (remove 9 for my real email address)

Print Page | Close Window