Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions: Run Descriptions
Print Page | Close Window

Run Descriptions

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Site Support
Forum Name: Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions
Forum Discription: Submit a Run Description or Run Beta. Discuss Gauges or post messages for the Rio Banditos
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3616
Printed Date: 20 May 2024 at 10:19am

Topic: Run Descriptions
Posted By: James
Subject: Run Descriptions
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 2:06pm
Ok I have heard this from to many people now so the trend is contagious.

We need more descriptions of runs.

Now listen here all you non-posting, river running, picture taking monkeys. I need your help. There are rivers without descriptions and many of these rivers are well traveled by us. Lets get crackin....

Here is my Call to Arms.... no wait my Call to Typing!

If you see a river on this site and there is no description...... WRITE ONE. I will post it too the river page. Even if I have to fine tune it.

I spend 20+ hours per week writing code and working on this site, so if you are waiting for me to write all these descriptions .... well enjoy the wait. And if you really want to help like so many say they do, here is how you can!

I recognized a while back that I was too busy developing the site to write reviews of rivers. So I asked a few friends who I knew were exceptional boaters and honest people to help me out. I made a new group for these Moderator's called "Professor's of the Paddle" and Wallla problem solved. Now those moderators could make the changes to rivers and rapids right away without my involvement. I build a special update tool for them and everything, with the hope that we could get more descriptions of runs with more people writing them.

The group of Moderator's that I gathered did alot of paddling so I figured they would be writing reviews like crazy.... I was wrong. Not a single review has ever been written by anyone other than myself.

Now if there is anything that I want you to understand it is this. My crazyass long post is here because I am upset!!!! I am not upset with anybody in particular. I am upset because I love Paddling and I want this site to be "THE SINGLE BEST WHITEWATER RESOURCE IN THE WORLD". The only way to do this is with huge amounts of paddlers participation.

Now don't get me wrong .... Posting is participation but it is only going to help make a nice forum... Forum's are everywhere... Who cares about a just a forum. I want to make this site into way way more... Something more like a Community, and that takes more than just posting it takes involvement.

I wanted to show some examples so everyone would understand what I am talking about.

Rivers I have done that you can see as examples.
Cedar River / Top Tye / Sauk / MiddleMiddle / Sultan / Tumwater / Wenatchee Play / Green River  Amoung others

Rivers that I know are boated all the time that we still need descriptions on.

Lewis CC /
Nisqually / Sk

Replies:
Posted By: jblum
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 4:08pm
Amen brother! Preach on. (Oh, and I did write reviews for you... you should
really go after the Daves... worthless... all 4 of them!)

-------------
JHB

Posted By: jblum
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 4:19pm
Oh, and I just added another on the lower sky run.. Don't I make you proud
anymore James?

-------------
JHB

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 5:19pm
Jon..... U Da Man

I loved your write up of Canyon Creek on the Stilly.... Dude you gotta sign the bottom of those things so everyone knows you wrote it....

Wheres the Props...

-------------

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 7:57pm
OK james, pull my description of the skook trip up, its very detailed, with links! It could be used for the Skook wave description with all kinds of pics. I know I'm a crappy playboater, but I can surf pretty good and have great downriver skills and am a photographer, so make me a moderater and I will build a Nisqually river description and a class IV Mashel river description (bet ya didn't know I did that dangerous little gem a few times!) with pics from both.

-------------
Nomad

Print Page | Close Window