Trip Discussion's: E Fork Lewis ??
Print Page | Close Window

E Fork Lewis ??

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Trip Discussion's
Forum Discription: This forum is for discussing Trips which have been posted through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3696
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:27pm

Topic: E Fork Lewis ??
Posted By: Tobin
Subject: E Fork Lewis ??
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2006 at 2:14pm
Whos up for E. Fork Lewis,  ???   If it drops out, Something in Little white salmon

Replies:
Posted By: jondufay
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2006 at 7:28pm

i am game.  thursday is good.

jon

-------------
ahh, f--- it dude, lets go boating...

Posted By: Yotes
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2006 at 9:10pm
I'm in.

Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2006 at 5:07pm

I was just down there all weekend. Levels had been holding fairly firm at around 900. Plenty of water, but more would be nice. It wasn't boney though. Now that it's dropping I don't know.

Yeah that is a sweet little run. Beautifull river with classic drops. I may go back next weekend, or down to the White Salmon. So if any of you head back down there in that direction next weekend let me know.

Jon, if you havn't been down there yet you need to go. 900 cfs or so might be good for ya. Go throw yourself off of Sunset an Horseshoe falls. They're dandy.

Jp

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2006 at 7:40pm

WetMouse,, I am gonna be in Portland area this weekend.  are you up for White Salmon on Saturday?

Posted By: Gavin M
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2006 at 12:02pm

I am definitely in to whatever trip is possible, as a birthday run on the 23rd is exactly what I am wishing will happen.

Is this a run for a creek boat or a play boat?

Either way I'm in    .

-------------
Beats smashing your head through a door!

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2006 at 12:09pm
Okay, I just looked at the pictures and Horseshoe Falls looks great, the photo was taken at 680 cfs, so anyhting above 700 and I'm game. It does look pretty boney even at 680. Is Horseshoe the crux? or is there something bigger and better ( a mystery drop not pictured?). Anyway, let's do it.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2006 at 5:37pm

The river is holding and some rain is in the forcast for wednesday and Thursday,  We are a go!!!! 

I am coming from Gig Harbor, but not going back after. ( cant carpool)

Is 11 a good meet time for everyone?

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2006 at 11:28pm
11 works.  I'll be coming down from Olympia, and need to go back up in the evening (4am work the next morning).  Anyone who wants to carpool give me a call (360-970-8285).

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2006 at 11:15am
Someone needs to get some good photo's of this run. Please and email me them!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2006 at 6:04pm
Horseshoe is the most scenic, and the largest of the drops, but the entrance to the gorge with screaming left and dragons back one after the other was probably the most difficult section.

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2006 at 6:34pm

Yotes is a go, Gavin are ya in? JohnDufay?  Whos all going..

I am stoked!!  Whos got a waterproof camera or a good dry box for my digital? Try to get some good shots for James?

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2006 at 8:44pm
I've got a pelican micro case.  Usually has my digital in it, but if someone has a better camera (very likely) I'm all for swapping it out.

Posted By: jblum
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2006 at 9:36pm
Hey,

You guys should carpool back up to Tacoma that evening for the film festival
at UPS. You won't regret it... see Liquid Gravity Post...

-------------
JHB

Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2006 at 5:46pm

Hey hope 'yall had fun down there today if you went, whoever went. Gavin-- I'm sure you'd dig it (dug it).

Nwetobin--I'm looking into the White Salmon action this weekend-I'll keep you posted. Really wanting to stick to some more Juicy waters higher on the numeric scale. We'll talk.

Jp

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2006 at 8:16pm

Sorry I didn't make it down (I know I would have loved to huck those falls), but I didn't want to spend 6 hrs. in a car on my B-day. Hope you guys had a blast.

Jon D. and I hit a B-day Sky run.

Gavin 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window