Lost \ Found \ Stolen: Lost Boat on the Chehalis (Canada)
Print Page | Close Window

Lost Boat on the Chehalis (Canada)

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Classifieds
Forum Name: Lost \ Found \ Stolen
Forum Discription: Lost gear and Found Gear, Post it Here - Got something stolen, let everyone know
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7555
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 10:28pm

Topic: Lost Boat on the Chehalis (Canada)
Posted By: Wiggins
Subject: Lost Boat on the Chehalis (Canada)
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 6:39pm
I lost my boat at the bottom of Landslide Rapid on the Chehalis last week. It got swept into a nasty eddy on the right of the headwall at the bottom of the rapid, and despite our best efforts there it remains!

A cautionary note. The boat was last seen with a throw bag clipped to the bow. While the boat may have come free of the rope, the rope is probably still there, and could be a hazard to swimmers.

I am planning a low water return trip in about a week to try and recover everything (breakdown paddle in the back of the boat, boat, and rope), but if anyone goes up there before then some updated beta would be appreciated.

Boat is a red Riot Big Gun with dry hatch and a heavily shaved down seat.

Does anyone know if there is a BC equivalent of PP where I can post this info?

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------
I smell bacon

Replies:
Posted By: RemAcct2
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 9:13pm
Vankayak.org is the main place to post. You can also check in with the local kayak shops up there (sea2sky, western canoe and kayak).

-Leif

-------------

Posted By: JoesKayak
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 9:20pm
I love that run.

If you head up there for recovery, I could easily be persuaded to join your efforts.

Posted By: Wiggins
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 10:29pm

Lief: Thanks for the info.

Joe: Thanks for the offer. I am planning on putting in Saturday or Sunday the 29th or 30th. I'll let you know more as I get more of a plan together.

Kyle

-------------
I smell bacon

Print Page | Close Window