Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions: 4- BZ Corner to Buck Creek
Print Page | Close Window

4- BZ Corner to Buck Creek

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Site Support
Forum Name: Run Submissions & Gauge Discussions
Forum Discription: Submit a Run Description or Run Beta. Discuss Gauges or post messages for the Rio Banditos
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3617
Printed Date: 20 Jun 2024 at 11:17am

Topic: 4- BZ Corner to Buck Creek
Posted By: James
Subject: 4- BZ Corner to Buck Creek
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 2:09pm
Here is a sample of how you should submit run descriptions.

Hey Moderator's .... I have a new description here it is.

Run: White Salmon 4 - BZ Corner to Buck Creek

-----------------------------------Add to Description ----------------------------
The river is beautiful, semi-clear milky water, lush vegetation, and a relatively remote feel. The rapids start right off the bat. Mosty class III and II+ stuff. Lots fun little ledges and some cool wave trains. One rapid to watch for at low water is Corkscrew. It should be run just right of center but you need to stay on your toes as there are several shollow rocks hidden in the waves that are tough to spot until you are right on them.

A note on Husum Falls, the guidebook gives it a V- at low water and a V at higher flows. It was running at around 550cfs for our run and in my opinion, it is not a class V at this flow. The enterance is easy, and hole at the bottom will flush you pretty quickly if you end up in it. I’d say it Class IV, and even then it is more intimidating than anything. That being said, it is a 10 ft drop so show it the respect it deserves. Also, the falls are just above the bridge in town which adds to the festive atmosphere. Lots of cheers from the spectators as you take the plunge of the falls.

Replies:
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 2:15pm
And then my response would go something like this.

Whoa Tom... I take it all back you are the first guy ever to write a river description for our site. Thanks alot.

I updated the rivers description. Which can be seen here.

Again thanks and see ya on the river.

-------------

Posted By: tradguy2
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 2:37pm
Wow James, I feel honored.  Does this mean I can tell people I'm published.  lol

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 3:36pm
Tom,

You really should feel honored, because I really appreciate your help. Sometimes it is cool to know that other people are ready to help out, so thanks. Thats why this is not my site, but our site. Me and you big guy.....no joking around.

I know I am always joking around, but I am serious right now.... no I take that back.... I was serious when I wrote that first bit, now I am full of BS again sorry my moments of clarity and reflection don't last very long these days.... there might be something wrong with me. I was going to see a shrink about it, but my bunion (joel) was first on the list....

Apparently Shrinks don't actually shrink anything.... when I introduced Joel to my therapist he shreaked and asked me to put my sock back on.... I even cleaned my toe nails before I showed up.

-------------

Posted By: jblum
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 4:01pm
Uh, actually James, I hate to correct the professor, but I've posted a few trip
reports. Check out the Sky, Canyon Creek (Stilly), and the Green... However,
I know my contribution is less noteable since I am a "Professors's of the
Paddle" and no one notices what we do... ;-) Thanks for the beers the other
night... good to chat with you.

-------------
JHB

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 5:28pm
Jon,

I have to thank you for the beers... and next time its my turn.

If you write a review feel free to comment it at the bottom like I did for Tom, after all if you take the time to write it up, the least you should get is credit.

-------------

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2006 at 7:37pm
I think I posted a description of the skook, with logistics, tide and accommodation recommendations . Anyway, James, I think you suffer from the same affliction That torments me. It's called living life to the fullest, there is so much to do and experience that I just can't get enough of it and so I tend to massively multitask and attention tends to shift from moments of clarity and reflection, like an automatic transmition. Actually a shrink should come to us and learn how to enjoy life like we do.

-------------
Nomad

Print Page | Close Window