Whitewater Forum: Husom Falls Wood
Print Page | Close Window

Husom Falls Wood

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10313
Printed Date: 30 Sep 2026 at 10:32am


Topic: Husom Falls Wood
Posted By: Tobin
Subject: Husom Falls Wood
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 10:34am
   There is a new log in Husom Falls on the WS.
I only saw a picture of it, but it looks to be blocking the whole line.
Obviously it is easy to see, just wanted to share.


-------------
Sure?



Replies:
Posted By: 1150lbsofaire
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 2:19pm
its hung up on the rocks in the middle and when the water drops it will not be in play
WS is at 6 feet and rising
hans

-------------
lookin for a bow cap for a storm


Posted By: GHannam
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 3:22pm
Thanks for sharing, Tobin! It's much appreciated


Posted By: GHannam
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 3:24pm

You too Hans-- Thank you for the info!!

 



Posted By: up4air
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 4:26pm
The weirdest thing is it doesn't even look like Husum. - http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs473.ash2/74597_10150121071626145_32014251144_7907078_1392631_n.jpg

-------------
More water, please.


Posted By: up4air
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 4:27pm
Apparently I did something wrong when posting the link. Copy and paste it, I guess.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs473.ash2/74597_10150121071626145_32014251144_7907078_1392631_n.jpg

-------------
More water, please.


Posted By: jP
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 5:14pm
oh well- too bad folks can't get their links to work. Anyway I was up there with Hans-
 
Lots of wood ought to flush outta the W/S, of course that Truss might get plugged up- have to wait and see (I ain't goin in there till it drops a bit!)
 
Hussum's log ain't in play, generally speaking, just as Hans Reported. But it's close enough to give the commercial rafters some willies- I bet. It's noy in a psychologicly comfortable spot for those who run livestock over the falls in 6 packs. Kayakers shouldn't have to sweat nothin about it. It is left of the main trunk of current that dumps over the falls, and just right of where you line your boat through if you portage a raft around on the left bank.
 


-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋


Posted By: up4air
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 10:14am
If only we could edit our posts to try, try again. As a coder I'm used to putting things in between brackets of start and end code, not inside.

-------------
More water, please.



Print Page | Close Window