Whitewater Forum: Icicle Creek Sunday
Print Page | Close Window

Icicle Creek Sunday

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11972
Printed Date: 01 Oct 2026 at 11:15pm


Topic: Icicle Creek Sunday
Posted By: osmelendez
Subject: Icicle Creek Sunday
Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:42pm
my plans for running Icicle today have fallen through. anybody up for a Sunday run? I scouted Icicle today and it's an amazing river. I'm loving Washington whitewater more and more. also, flows looked really good. I can be out there by one.



Replies:
Posted By: osmelendez
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:34am
It's supposed to be a beautiful day on Sunday out in Leavenworth. When I was scouting Icicle on Friday I noticed that there wasn't much wind and I think I started to get sunburn. I guess those mountains keep a majority of the wind out.


Posted By: chipmaney
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:59am
everybody is at robe on sunday. i hear a few peeps are thinking Top Tye

-------------
sitting all alone on a mountain by a river that has no end


Posted By: huckin harms
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 9:39am

Chip, I wouldn't say everyone, cause I am someone.... :)

Oz... Icicle is one of the most carnage inducing rivers that I know of in the state.   I've seen more swims on this one particular river than any other put together.  Not to say that there aren't other rivers that are harder, but just that the Icicle has the niche for being roadside class IV-V and is more continous than many runs.  

My suggestion for you is to start with the lower.  GO with someone who is willing to take the time to show you whats where, which on the lower is pretty straight forward.  IF that tickles you pink, then go to the upper (roadside-limbo), its a notch up in difficulty. 


-------------


Posted By: osmelendez
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 10:52am
thanks huckin harms. good lookin out with your post. that in fact is the plan. lower first. then the upper if I feel good about it. i have plans to run it with someone who has run it before. I've taken a good look at the river and even got out the canon 7d to record the rapids and watch the footage. I stared at the rapids and took time to envision the moves and I feel good about it. in fact, it looks like a ton of fun. one of my favorite rivers that I have ever run is the Northfork of the Payette in Idaho - lower five. Icicle looks like one of those rivers the will top my list of absolute favorites. it looks like a run that stands alone and can't be compared with others. I'm so excited for this run and I plan on being humble and knowing my limits.
the river does not run us. we run the river.



Print Page | Close Window