Professor Paddle: Port Townsend Kayak Symposium vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Topic: Port Townsend Kayak Symposium Post Reply Post New Topic
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Topic: Port Townsend Kayak Symposium
    Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 3:41pm
Now I know this weekend is the Canyon Creek race. It is a solid event put on by solid peeps, for sure. Any event scheduled this weekend would be hard pressed to compete for the attention of so many whitewater fanatics.

But I'm feeling way too salty these days to be rubbing elbows with all the fresh water fish. Need something different for a change.

So I am setting a course for Port Townsend. I'm just feeling drawn to this event that I seem to miss every year. Here's the best info I've been able to find about the event:

So the reason I threw this up on the forums is to see if there happen to be any PP boaters who might be heading out there (to P.T.). Maybe we can meet up out there.

I plan on launching from Golden Gardens and paddling up there Thursday or Friday, weather pending. Yup. Solo trip.

Anyway, if any of you cross-over boaters (whitewater/saltwater) are planning on heading out towards the salt, hit me up via PM here on PP.

sweet. Otherwise maybe see ya out there.
The rest of yall have fun at the Northwest Creekin Comp. And Darren, you gotta BEAT Tao, ok?
And somebody else has to at least Seriously try to beat Darren, ok?

l8tr
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 5:28pm
So i ain't even out of port yet and I'm already getting my ports confused- turns out the event is in Port Angeles, not Port Townsend...

some mariner I am

I guess I wanted it to be in Port Townsend. That's a pretty quick jaunt from Seattle, and I'm already going that way---

anyway it's funny how little information there is on such a route
(Seatle to Port Townsend)

surely someone has put out some info online...
sh*t like this makes me appreciate a forum like PP, where boaters flock to answer questions- you show up to PP and it's clear that there is at least some activity.
I hardly log in any more, but when I do it's reassuring.

man I'm searching all these sea kayaker forums an there is hardly any activity on any of them.

D4 help me out man--
where's the stupid dope Sea Kayak links, yo?
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 7:27pm
I thought the event looked pretty cool but since I don't have much time right now besides, well work, sleep and doing daddy I figured I would not respond. If something works out I might be interested because it is certainly a new aspect but I just am up in the air right now. ~J
Lynn Wang
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Lynn Wang Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 2:01am
JP,
This info won't be that beneficial to you... I don't know of any good websites with good beta for local SK trips. I get information from experienced SKers, nautical charts, tide tables and weather forecasts and predictions. Dan Henderson (owner of Cascade Canoe and Kayak in Renton) paddled from Seattle to Port Townsend two years ago to instruct at the West Coast Sea Kayak Symposium and then he paddled up to Vancouver Island. Dan is a lover of paddling sports and I bet he would be happy to talk to you if you called the boat house. Good books that give info on shorter stretches are: Kayaking Puget Sound, the San Juans, and Gulf Islands. R.C. Gersten, R. Washburne. and A Sea Kayaker's Guide to North Puget Sound. K. Cambell.

I'd be up for going to the symposium in Port Angeles and maybe a shorter paddle in a protected area. Text me if you are going up that way, please do not PM me on PP 2067double94083.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 8:53am
Hey JP,
There really isnt any good Sea Kayaking Websites in this area. I look at:
http://www.seakayakermag.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
and
http://www.westcoastpaddler.com/community/

I would totally go with you this weekend, but I am going to be visisting family in North Carolina this weekend.

So much to do and so little time to do it all in...

Dave
Nomad
Old Fart
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Old Fart Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 11:39am
Hey JP I've used olympicpeninsulapaddlers.com  Somewhat limited participation as you've mentioned, but there is some local info  Have fun!
Scott
Jed Hawkes
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote Jed Hawkes Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 12:23pm
Link to some trip reports by a seattle sea kayaker.
http://www.elstonhill.com/OPPHomePage.html
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version