I have never swam outta it ( yet ) but have taken a few beat downs when the stick is reading above 3'. Its really hard to get to the right side of the tongue at higher water, adn it tends to stuff you in the right side below the drop. I spent 2-3 minutes there trying hard to stay upright, and get the hell out.
At lower flows the volume of water doesnt have the down river current to pull your boat downstream, you gotta hit the flake at low water, if you run the tongue you will be coming back in!
I dont know if its harder or easier at high water compared to low? Jonathan would know alot better! But I do know its very differnt, ( kinda like Boulder ) it has a very level dependant charecter, that I pay close attention to!
The good news is that as the level goes down, its easier to get to the flake. Just dont miss it!
Peace and Happy boatin