Professor Paddle: White Salmon Footage vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: White Salmon Footage Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Author Message
ashleygoesdisco
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
Avatar
Princess Sparkle Horse

Joined: 12 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 904
  Quote ashleygoesdisco Replybullet Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 10:06pm
Giiiiiirl power!!

The second run was awesome. I hit the green tongue right between the flake rock and the rooster tail and sailed right through, upright!!

I am slightly jealous of your pink boat..... When are we going to boat together??
Ashley Duffus
Well behaved women rarely make history.
www.naiyadays.blogspot.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Avatar
Sum Dum Guy

Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3602
  Quote James Replybullet Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 10:17pm
Hey is there a way to view the full sized photo's on Picasa.. THat shot is pretty cool put I want to view it in the original size.

J
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
ashleygoesdisco
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
Avatar
Princess Sparkle Horse

Joined: 12 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 904
  Quote ashleygoesdisco Replybullet Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 10:19pm
Did you try downloading it? If that doesn't work I can send full size ones to anyone who wants them.

PS: On my verson there is a little magnifying glass button above the pic, try that?


Edited by ashleygoesdisco - 09 Jul 2007 at 10:20pm
Ashley Duffus
Well behaved women rarely make history.
www.naiyadays.blogspot.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Adrian
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 127
  Quote Adrian Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 12:31am
I uploaded some videos of Saturday and Sunday - will upload the rest tomorrow.
 
 
Adrian (20six) 34nine 6two51
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 675
  Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 1:10am
I sure am enjoying all the footage of last weekend. 
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
ashleygoesdisco
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
Avatar
Princess Sparkle Horse

Joined: 12 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 904
  Quote ashleygoesdisco Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 2:31am
Me too. For some reason, watching waterfall footy is much better than having nightmares about the huge spider in the b-room at SRK today....


Ashley Duffus
Well behaved women rarely make history.
www.naiyadays.blogspot.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1847
  Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 6:37am
Ash,   I just watched your line,  nice job! 
 
A little further right and you are a supa star.
Sure?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
ashleygoesdisco
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
Avatar
Princess Sparkle Horse

Joined: 12 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 904
  Quote ashleygoesdisco Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 9:41am
I was further right the first time. The second time I stayed upright...

It all flushes.
Ashley Duffus
Well behaved women rarely make history.
www.naiyadays.blogspot.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Megan
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper
Avatar

Joined: 29 May 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
  Quote Megan Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 10:39am
Hey Ashley,
 
Adam and I are going to the Sky today, so maybe we can boat together then?  I'm going to be doing the lower section  But soon I'll work my way up to the upper section.  Way to go on the second run - wish I could have seen it!  We ran it in the raft - obviously not the same, but still cool.
Yeah, my boat is pink, it's okay to be jealous.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
ashleygoesdisco
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
Avatar
Princess Sparkle Horse

Joined: 12 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 904
  Quote ashleygoesdisco Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 12:02pm
I'd like to run that with you, if I get the chance... 
Ashley Duffus
Well behaved women rarely make history.
www.naiyadays.blogspot.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Ryan
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 693
  Quote Ryan Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by ashleygoesdisco

I was further right the first time. The second time I stayed upright...

It all flushes.


This is true for friendly levels.  At low flows it is REALLY sticky.  I received a royal beat down trying to boof the left of center line, penciled in and spent a while getting beat down only to resurface, roll, and get pulled in backwards for a much longer time. 

After pulling my skirt I was recirculated several times before resurfacing.  My boat stayed in for another minute or two and after a closer look both the bow and stern pillars where pulled out (but still in the boat) and the line of my throw bag got yanked out of the bag.

I had lost respect for Husum after countless laps and finally got the beatdown I deserved.  I did run the "normal" line the next day to even the score.

At higher flows it seems to flush but packs a big punch when you hit the bottom of the falls.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Jeff
McNasty
McNasty
Avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 360
  Quote Jeff Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 3:32pm
SWEET FOOTAGE!!!!  Thanks for getting it posted (to all who took pix, etc..)  What a great weekend!  The only bad parts were the traffic on the way back up I-5, and slicing open my toe on saturday (it seems to be healing up well though).  I think next time I'll stick to my backwards way down there through Yakima.  A little longer, but no traffic. 
 
Hey Leif, how was your exploratory mission on the backroads?
 
"What could possibly go wrong?"
www.flickr.com/photos/jeffdwyer/
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
ashleygoesdisco
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
Avatar
Princess Sparkle Horse

Joined: 12 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 904
  Quote ashleygoesdisco Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 3:52pm
Jeffro! Pics?
Ashley Duffus
Well behaved women rarely make history.
www.naiyadays.blogspot.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
arnobarno
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 450
  Quote arnobarno Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 9:28pm
I have some pictures posted of Husum Falls runs during Saturday's second run - Dave, Samson, Leif, Heather, Brian K, and Adrian.  See:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ArnSchaeffer/WhiteSalmonWeekend
arn9schaeffer@gmail.com (remove 9 for my real email address)
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Otter Boy
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Avatar

Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 573
  Quote Otter Boy Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 9:56pm
So who had the best line of the weekend? My vote goes to Estel. Flipping in the top of Maytag and running most of the rapid upside down is one thing, but nailing your roll just above the botton whole was very cool to watch. Way to hang in there!
 
- B
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Adrian
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 127
  Quote Adrian Replybullet Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 11:57pm
Just uploaded the remaining videos.

Most entertaining one is
http://professorpaddle.com/media/videoview.asp?File_Id=1763



Edited by Adrian - 10 Jul 2007 at 11:58pm
Adrian (20six) 34nine 6two51
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Jeff
McNasty
McNasty
Avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 360
  Quote Jeff Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2007 at 2:57pm
I didn't get a whole lot of pix, but there are a few good ones.  I'll try to post them tommrow.  New job is kickin' my butt - it's hot, DAMN HOT!!!
"What could possibly go wrong?"
www.flickr.com/photos/jeffdwyer/
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Jeff
McNasty
McNasty
Avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 360
  Quote Jeff Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2007 at 3:26pm
BTW, does anyone have any pix or video of me?  I've been trying to get Tobin's vidz to play and it just isn't workin for me.  Tobin, can you email it to me?  I've checked through most of what has been posted and can't find anything.  I thought I saw at least one or two pix of me on sat. night.   Just wondering...
"What could possibly go wrong?"
www.flickr.com/photos/jeffdwyer/
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
ashleygoesdisco
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
Avatar
Princess Sparkle Horse

Joined: 12 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 904
  Quote ashleygoesdisco Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2007 at 3:27pm
Scroll up.

 Ya gotta download it and watch it on your compy.
Ashley Duffus
Well behaved women rarely make history.
www.naiyadays.blogspot.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Adrian
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 127
  Quote Adrian Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2007 at 4:32pm
Hey Jeff,

I just uploaded a video of you.
http://www.professorpaddle.com/media/videoview.asp?File_Id=1766
Adrian (20six) 34nine 6two51
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
ashleygoesdisco
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
Avatar
Princess Sparkle Horse

Joined: 12 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 904
  Quote ashleygoesdisco Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2007 at 9:49pm
Adrian- Do you have vid of my first one?
Ashley Duffus
Well behaved women rarely make history.
www.naiyadays.blogspot.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Weide
McNasty
McNasty
Avatar

Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 322
  Quote Weide Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2007 at 10:56pm
Specfrigintacular! Thanks to all who captured these important moments in paddling history.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Adrian
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 127
  Quote Adrian Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2007 at 11:20pm
Ashley - I've uploaded all the ones I have.

Alison took videos of everyone on the river including lots of people not in our group and filled up the camera. Seems we all look the same in our kayaking gear.

I deleted a bunch of what I thought were other people but looks like I deleted a bunch of our videos too.

Sorry about that


Adrian (20six) 34nine 6two51
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 675
  Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2007 at 12:23am

Even though some of the photos were deleted, I think this is one of the most documented trips I've ever been on.

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1847
  Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2007 at 6:42am

  Those are some pretty good lines on Huson!!!   SWEEEEET!!

 Beware of the green tongue at different levels,  it does get a little sticky. 
  Jeff, did you get the vids to work for ya? PM me your email if not and I will be happy to send them to ya.
  SYOTR
Sure?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum